Friday, June 1, 2007

Feelin the Fridays


"Insatiable Corporate Raider"
Today I really wanted to wear sweats or something comfortable of the sort considering our Summer Fridays policy is in full effect. I love Summer Fridays, I get 9 Fridays off this summer and the rest of the ones I have to spend in the office usually consist of loud music playing, the wearing of whatever I like, goofing around, cleaning up, long lunches, surprisingly lots of work getting done (actually more than I would on any other day due to the lack of meetings and distraction), and the ability to tell all my direct reports to leave when I leave which can be any where between 3-5pm depending on the day. It’s like a ghost town and I love it.
Anyhow a client called at 8am this morning to let me know he’s in town and ask if I wanted to join them for dinner – so I dressed slightly more presentable than I would any other hot Friday in the event I decide to take up his offer of dinner at Dock’s supposedly a yummy seafood restaurant on the east side. Although, as I am tempted by the free meal, after entertaining clients all week I’m not really feelin it at the moment. As much as I love these guys, I don’t really want to have to talk to anyone if I don’t have to - I am in a veg out mood. We shall see how I feel in a couple of hours…

For lunch Media Masta Killah and I met up for a $16.95 Lunch buffet at Utsav a really fancy looking spot in midtown cause I was craving some Indian especially some Sweet Lassi! Man, this buffet is BANGIN – they have everything I need and love even my favorite carrot dessert – I haven’t had Indian elsewhere in the city quite like it.
So I threw on something reminiscent of a country girl in the city or something (who knows what I am saying I think I am in food delirium.)

Top: White Crinkly button down JUST FOR GIRLS = this is old so I don’t remember but I got it from Loehmans and it was dfinitely under $20
Bottoms: Light Blue Jean Skirt from H&M = $8 on super sale I guess no one wanted this color
Bag: Tan Leather ESPRIT handle/shoulder bag = I don’t remember this is old too from the ESPRIT outlet store at Potomac Mills back in the day
Headband: Red graphic scarf headband from NORDSTROMS = $12? I love these things they are so cute
Bracelet: Ivory Snake Bangle = my Mom rocked this back in the day ‘70s style and I LOVE it so she lets me wear it hehe
Shoes: Tan Leather Strappy Sandals from ALDO = $25
My other shoes are my $2 Electric Turqoise flipflops from CONWAY – I don’t mess around with heels in this city unless I am walking short distances so I pack my flips!!

Fresh from Miami, Killah got a nice tan and is rockin some new threads!

Top: Tan Sweatery Scoopneck tee FOREVER 21 = $15
Bottom: Choco Brown corduroy EXPRESS skirt from back in the day = $40
Shoes: Fabric Gold Ring peep Toes = $75
Sunglasses: Purple tinted MARC JACOBS = $200
Bag: Blue and white pinstripe shoulder bag from URBAN OUTFITTERS = $50

Damnit, I just spilled sh*t on my shirt!!!!!!!!! ah, well - par for the course.

"Hushed Existentialist"

The only thing that got me out the door this morning was knowing that it was Fun Jeans Friday, something about the heat and lack of sleep was making it hard to motivate. But today? Turned out to be. The. Best. Day. EVER!!!! I honestly don't know what I did to deserve it....

Sheer Cream V-Neck by Tangerine (from Macy's): $5
Cream Cami with Lace Trim from Express: $3
Cute Guess Jeans (with g's on the pockets!) from Loehmann's: $22
Gold Sparkly Flip Flops from Filene's Basement: $6.99
Gold Hoop Earrings w/CZ by Carolee (from Lord & Taylor): $7.50



"Eating through lunch" again (today I got the bok choy and brussel sprout stir fry, which was sauteed in garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce -DELICIOUS) - still didn't get to finish half the stuff we started, nor did we anticipate the plethora of new editions [sic] to the myriad of things we are currently working on. All I can say is I'm very happy with the way things are going and excited to see what the future holds.

For dinner I am currently obsessed with this unlikely combination:



Looks strange, but is totes awesome. Tawesome.

No comments: