Monday, June 11, 2007

Maintainin...

"Insatiable Corporate Raider" (NYC)
I did absolutely nothing this weekend, and I mean nothing.
I barely made it out the house.
Well actually, Friday night courtesy of El Jefe’s parents we went to see Spring Awakening the musical. Talk about teen angst! Especially placed in 19th cent. Germany, this play was intense. The music was great as was the staging, sometimes I thought I was watching a high school play but this could definitely be a great teen angst movie. And I can see why its such a hit its not your traditional musical as the music is very contemporary. It creates a bridge for Broadway and the young coming of age maybe not normal Broadway attendee.
I’ve also decided that I have no time to watch sadness or depressed people but that’s a side note.
This is what I wore:

Top: Black Vneck from BANANA REPBULIC = $whatever I said before I think it was like $25?
Bottom: GUESS dark blue jean skirt = FREE? courtesy of my mommy via craigslist
Shoes: Peep toe black shoes
Bag: COACH black leather buckle bag = FREE as a gift from a friend

On Saturday after a delicious breakfast courtesy of my Trader Joe’s shopping…I made a great omelette with sundried tomatoes, spinach, cilantro, sharp white cheddar, onions, garlic and a variety of seasonings. To pair with the omelette I cut up some DELICIOUS fruits as seen here:

Papaya, Blueberries, Mangoes

I finally made it out the house to go to Soho and peruse Pearl River Mart. I didn’t find what I wanted (window blinds)but I walked away with some great $1 trays for couch eating since I don’t have a dining table and a new Wok! This is what I saw along the way…

only in NYC man and maybe Miami. Those are some BIG tata’s on a mannequin no less.

Sunday morning, another fabulous brunch:

Whole Grain Pancakes with sliced bananas
Home fry potatoes with spinach, sundried tomatoes, cilantro, onions, garlic, egg and seasonings - garnished with fresh slices of avocado with a bit of salt and pepper
And another great fruit salad: Seedless watermelon, manoges, blueberries
Some OJ and ice coffee from the deli to wash it all down!

And for dinner a somewhat southern fare. I have a TINY kitchen and when you walk into my place you walk right into it so i made do the best i could:

Fried Chicken Breast, sliced into nuggets seasoned with red wine, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and a bunch of dry seasonings mixed with egg and flour. (DAMN that chicken was GOOD) I dropped these into my NEW wok that had a mix of oils, coconut, olive, veggie, and sesame
Side of SOYcutash and Potato wedges
And to wash it down tonight there was Limonata which i LOVE and some water

While i should have probably gone with Italian to commemorate the FINAL episode oft The Sopranos i had a cravin for some chicken fried style. The Sopranos, a moment of silence..........ok WTF!? i thought my cable went out but once I realized it didn't I actually enjoyed the ending to the series I loved so dearly. It made sense for me nothing else would have quite lived up to expectations...oh how i will miss them....

Today this is what I threw on…reminiscent of Friday although the only similarity is the jacket.

Top: Pink long tanktop from TARGET = $8
Bottoms: Black Sateen OLD NAVY pants = $25
Shoes: Black TAHARI pumps = $49 on sale at FILENES BASEMENT
Sunglasses courtesy of El Jefe

Now I'm starving - i was going to Bento because i thought i was going to have lunch with the new hire but that didn't happen so now i guess i will find something at the cafeteria...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i confirm, that's very big tatas. Impressive !!!