Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mexico City

"Hushed Existentialist" (MD)

This morning I woke up feeling like I was in Mexico and I figured why not look like it too? So I paired my super-city gauchos with a peasant top and huraches to create the ultimate in business casual slash fiesta-wear.

White embroidered and embellished peasant top by Sugar Tart from Macy's: $24.99 (I remember on this particular shopping experience when I asked Legal Eagle for her advice, she seemed very put off by the price but agreed that if I liked it that much I should get it. I think it's really such a cute and versatile top and that I totally got my money's worth out of it....)
Chocolate Brown pin-striped gauchos by Tahari from Filene's Basement: $23.90 (originally $218 or some such nonsense!)
Tan huraches by Steve Madden from DSW: $15 (remember my espadrille story? I was on a similar mission to get huraches one summer when no one was making them. Out of the blue these babies were on the clearance rack and I got them in 2 colors! They remind me of my childhood and that's priceless:)
Gold capiz shell earrings from a mall kiosk: $3



Still rockin the natural light... Somehow I managed to have even more to update than I did yesterday, but no time or energy to do it. Was up til 3:45am playing with Shiba, my new lappie. But it is literally too hot to think around this piece anyway.... Lataz.

No comments: