Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Code Level Hot Pink

"Hushed Existentialist" (MD)

Today was hot and humid. Like, Malaria hot. 98% humidity and 102 degrees insane crazy heat. So naturally I started off the day with ice cream for breakfast. Ice cream for breakfast? Yes. Yoplait has decided to answer my prayers and make an ice cream bar and call it breakfast. I'm okay with that.

Also, to commemorate these first days of summer I cut up some watermelon, threw together some strawberries and blueberries, grabbed some pizza from Mamma Lucia's (Pepperoni, Roasted Red Peppers and Artichokes), picked up my most favorite cookies of all time from Giant (Soft Baked Ginger) and called it lunch:



There's way too much to report, not the least of which is this new laptop I'm posting with. And this only after spending about two hours too many "breaking it in" and messing with settings. I would take a picture, but that's another story....

I kind of took myself literally and was running around and doing things set to popular music this weekend rather than posting. So much, in fact, that I managed to drop my camera one or several times and now the flash doesn't work. Today's posts are courtesy of natural light:


Hot Pink August Silk top from Filene's or Loehmann's: $15
Chocolate Brown linen gauchos from Ann Taylor Loft: $14.99
Tan Suede espadrilles by BP from Nordstrom: $29.99
Accessories: all the same old stuff, search for it if you're really into it

Notice Kitty lurking in the shadows. She wasn't going to miss an opportunity to be on camera.

Last Thursday my laptop officially died. While I was trying to post about the "Best Week Ever". I can't really re-create the mood at this time, but this picture - predates the camera flash fiasco and as you can see I am in quite a playful mood - may be due to the ballerina flats, may be due to hours spent playing dance dance revolution at Dave & Busty's for happy hour, may be due to the margaritas, maybe due to the happy buddha on my shirt:



Happy Buddha super-thin T from Loehmann's: $20
Long Tank from Old Navy: $1.99
See-Thru Soul jeans from Nordstrom: $22
Ballet flats from Payless: $7.50
Super cute and fun attitude: Priceless. (still talked about to this day)

I feel like I've been on a bender the past few days, quite a doozy indeed. I don't have any of the details or the outfits documented, but let me just say once again: Best Week EVER.

An 8 year old boy did compliment me on a different shirt in the Laundromat. This was way better than the time an old senile dude complimented my fashion sense in a random doctor's office elevator.... stay cool.

No comments: