Friday, June 15, 2007

Attenciyoyoyoyoooooon...

"Passion Peach aka Insatiable Corporate Raider" (NYC)This has been a stressful week – lots of work and work to getaway if that make any sense.
Next week is our busiest week of the year which I am really starting to stress about it. I mean literally I am BOOKED in back to back half hour meetings from 830-5:30pm plus client dinners and entertaining which means up by 7am then talking ALL day only to talk some more all night and probably not getting to bed until midnight – sigh…I don’t want to talk anyone some days…some days I want to watch reality crap on television and veg out. I need a vacation.
Luckily I had a nice interlude from the stress yesterday when first we had an impromptu musical performance at our Staff Meeting and some new artist Nikki Flores (pianist with nice voice) performed for her upcoming album release this fall and then the highlight…Wyclef came on stage!!! That was a nice little treat.

Then I was treated to a break again last night when El Jefe took me to go see In the Heights off Broadway and I CAN NOT stop talking about it!! You can see some footage here . It’s SOOOOO GOOD and had me feelin good which i really really needed. Comparing this to Spring Awakening is tough. I can see why Spring Awakening got the acclaim it did but it was depressing and very German – In the Heights, conversely, was upbeat even with its highs and lows and kept a flavor and flow that kept me fully entertained and hummin tunes on the walk home. Best believe that when In the Heights moves to Broadway at the end of the summer they will rack up the awards themselves.

Anyhow, I was lazy this week with the pics so I have little to share…El Jefe purchased me these throw back Keds from Payless so instead of Keds they are Airwalk and I must say way cheaper and therefore much cooler and I love them. So I’ve been rocking them a lot – no wonder I loved them so much as a kid!

This is a sampling of what I threw together this week – again read LAZY since next week i will be in Suits all day every day.
Shoes: My new Airwalks – PAYLESS = $17
Pants: a pair of GAP linen cutoffs (which are really almost ankle length on me – FREE from something) and today a pair of black terry cloth sweatpants I rolled up (FREE from mommy)
Tops: A “Mrs. Squarepants” t-shirt and white hoodies (FREE from work and hoody) and today a PIMP pink rhinestone thermal (Loehmann’s $30)

Today I had a Yogurt Parfait from our coffee shop which is very reasonably priced at $1.99. The raspberries were nice and juicy like I like.

For lunch my boss and I went to Sushi Zen and dined outside. Never new this place existed considering I am in the area all the time and it was DELICIOUS. I had the house salad with ginger dressing which was homemade and yummy with some edamame to start. For the main course I had a yummy "Washington, DC" (funny, right?) roll (Cut Roll Only, Eel, Shrimp, Avocado, Tempura Flour, Kaiware, Cucumber & Scallion) and a "Autumn" roll (Yellowtail, King Crab, Asparagus, Lettuce, Kaiware)

Today we hit the road south for a friend’s housewarming/graduation party.

Yesterday/Today, as it all blurred into one, I didn’t mention as I haven’t posted but...Happy Father’s Day Daddy! – for a number of reasons – It hits like a brick when i realize - but it makes sense why one number in the musical last night touched me so much - it will be good to be home – I like to be around family this weekend every year

Hope ya'll get to relax...I'm looking forward to cruisin to some good tunes...

No comments: