Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Doozey on a Tues'y

"Insatatiable Corporate Raider" (NYC, OREGON)
Hold on to yo britches ‘cause this one’s a doooozey.
Last weekend I filled my tummy up on food from my TitaG with my Mom and Hushed – we are talking some yummy beef steak and vegetable something with the asian staple of rice.
We danced and ate and were summery in attire with Hushed in a pair she can describe and me in my usual green Urban Outfitter pants and flips with a lace tank from my Mom and my new short sleeved hoodie for $15 from Filene's.

With a box of Coconut water, hopia, and mangoes I was ready to start my crazy week…or was i???

Last week was arguably my busiest week of the year at work. I went straight from 9am-6pm in half hour meetings back to back with no lunch break. And these aren't your standard meetings these are intense rushed high energy meetings. After meetings I went straight to entertaining with clients. The week started out fresh until I went to a business soiree and had 2 glasses of champagne on an unsettled stomach and went home puking my brains out. This my friend did not start the week off right – not one bit.

Tuesday morning I woke up bright and early, picked up my suit from the drycleaners, grabbed an egg&cheese on wheat toast and made my way in a cab. I struggled through the morning as I sipped on ginger ale (read as "hin-her-hale") to settle my stomach between walking to each meeting. By the afternoon I felt fine but had little to eat until Trader Joe's Turkey Jerky (courtesy of a colleague) saved the day until dinner. I had to make an appearance at a cocktail hour in which I drank more hin her ale and ramped up energy for dinner.

Dinner was a big sit down with some bigwigs in the industry and was actually fabulously entertaining. Many of them were big sports enthusiasts and actually knew of my father and were eager to read his book which I always love to talk about.
We had our own private wine room at Valbella's the Meatpacking restaurant famed for carrying the largest assortment of wine in the tri-state area – rumored at 60,000 bottles.
We dined on yummy cheese and Jamon Serrano as we waited on the main course. The wine that was served was hard to deny coming from the CakeBread vineyard in Napa, regardless if it took a full day to neutralize my tummy. It looked absolutely delicious I couldn't not taste it (yes that is a double negative). After a delicious meal of a ginormous strip steak with melted gorgonzola cheese on top, the dessert literally took the cake! We grabbed our wine glasses and were ushered into the back kitchen where another large party was dining – a comparably amazing experience I'm sure. Anyways next thing I knew I had an apron and chefs hat on and was whipping the Gran Marnier Soufflé, torching the Crème Brulee, and drizzling the plate decoration for the Tiramisu. It was awesome!!!

Day 2 of the show (Day 3 of the week) was easier but still exhausting as dinner ran later than expected. Still no lunch but managed to down some disgusting convention center Chinese food – highly not recommended. I got to walk a little bit as I ran to the bathroom or waited on meetings. You can see a bit of it all below….later that night I attended the annual industry awards and made it as early a night as possible which meant another 11pm night.
Day 1: kept it simple with linen pants and a short sleeved button down (the shoes which you cant see are super cute BCBG beige open toe stilletos that I wore to my bro's wedding a few years back)
The bag is a DESMO whitish/grey leather buckle shoulder bag (orig. $399 marked down to $129 to $110 to under $40!!!! from Filene's and courtesy of my mom of course)
The bracelet is an ivory snake bracelet from my mom's 70's collection
Day 2: wore my fabulous summer suit that I believe was from Sears for under $50 – I get lots of compliments on this one – little do they know the cost!!
Day 3: busted out the new Anne Klein petite suit courtesy of Hushed which she got on super sale and then she sold to me – haha – for the evening awards I traded the pink sleeveless lace shirt (Conway for $9 – which I also get complimented on) for a satiny dressier fuschia beaded Calvin Klein blouse and a flower in my hair

You can see spattered throughout my obvious dorkiness as I got excited and had to take shots of 1. The new SpeedRacer car 2. The new Batman: Dark Knight batmobile 3. Optimus Prime from the new Transformers movie and 4. A supped up NYC taxi with rims that came to my waist!

With all the excitement from the show aside, and a successful few days of new business I now had to pack for an early morning flight cross country. I barely made the flight as they oversold it and had to nearly cry my eyes out to convince the attendant to let me on the plane. Next thing I know after a guy was willing to give up his seat for me a girl was deemed unfit to fly either because she reeked of alcohol or she was high on something but while unlucky for her it was lucky for me and I made it just in time for the wedding in Hood River.

How gorgeous is this place!!!??
Dress was a quick light green halter find at Filene's for $59 orig. $89 with a white shawl and an awesome snake skin cream and green wristlet from my mom's collection in the '70s with some gold strappy flats.
The rest of the weekend was amazing filled with great food and fun.

And here I start a new week back at work and while desperately wanting to unpack it looks as though I will have to re-pack for an early flight out tomorrow morning for meetings in Minneapolis.

Today after a failed attempt to wake up early and go for a morning rollerblade loop along the river (and good thing I didn’t cause the sun is blazing and the Ozone crucial today) I dressed in wrinkled, yes, but comfortable attire for my meetings today.

Monday's attire:
Basic white blousy safariesque button down courtesy of my Mommy
Some ol Buffalo jeans I got on sale at Loehmann's
For lunch I ate with El Jefe at Kati Roll – a yummy Indian wrap place in Times Square. Grabbed the Chicken Tikka Roll and the Aloo Spicy Roll and it was yumm in the tumm.

Today is the wrinkledness in full effect....
Top is an ol school summery top – one of my faves I got from Loehmann’s a while back
Pants are the new fave gauchos courtesy of my mommy from Anne Taylor Loft – Black with tie belt (orig. $44 now $15)
Shoes are the summer staple of black and straw open toe wedges (my Atlantic City purchase if you remember)
The bracelet I’ve been rocking is a white beaded elastic cuff that I love and took when I was at my mom’s...hehe

We will see if we shall venture outside for lunch today given the fact its Blaaaaaaaazin hip hop and R&B outside - perhaps a Jamba juice??

2 comments:

Chrysalias said...

Excellent post... i skimmed it... but can you please brand (i think that's the phrase) the book and put Ghosts of Manilla in your post so that people can go and educate themselves and read a classic...i mean that's what P Diddy, russell simmons, and rev run would do...don't you notice all the branding (???) in their shows!!!!

juicenbootsCUBED said...

whatever happened to anonymnity

-laserbeams