Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Temperatures Rising

"Insatiable Corporate Raider"
Since the temperature is rising and the UV index is so high that you can get burned in just 15min. I opted for a psuedo safari look - call this Concrete Jungle - notice my "Oh, what's that out there - keep the sun out my eyes" pose - unfortunately it came out looking like a Salute of sorts - ha!

Dress: Cream linen with braided rope belt and wooden beads from H&M = $25
Shoes: Choco Brown peep toe cut out GUESS pumps = $35
Bracelets: Close-up of the Green&Brown Beads my mommy got me on SUPER sale in NYC
Sunglasses: My cheapo psuedo Tortoise Shell $2 find from Chinatown
For the Hair I opted for the Braids to keep the neck cool - oh and on the nails is another $1.99 find at Rite Aid a shimmery pink with glitter on top - cause i am cheesy

For lunch I am all about the Water and the left-over 'Maria burrito' from last nights dinner at La Paloma pretty amazing Mexican food.

For dinner I have a client in town so this should be interesting. They always like to pick the restaurant since they come in from the Mid-West so its always an adventure. Tonight we are going to Uncle Jacks Steakhouse - I'll give you the lowdown tomorrow.

"Hushed Existentialist"

Today I woke up at 5am with a smile on my face, feeling so rested and refreshed and generally loving life. So naturally, I chose the color Pink to express myself through fashion:

Pink Shell Earrings: Gift from The Corporate Raider
Black V-Neck with Tie, Ann Taylor Loft: $14.99
Hot Pink Linen Flutter Skirt, Ann Taylor Loft: $14.99
Hot Pink Sparkly Flowered Flip Flops from Steinmart: $3.50 (another great end of season deal a couple of years ago)
Same Two Beadazzled Bracelets: $17 total



I felt really flirty and summery in this outfit, my first time wearing a skirt to work in probably 2 years....

It's too hot to cook. I made some hummus roll-ups for dinner:
Hummus, Chives, Tomato, Sweet Peppers



I had to eat them fast because I have yoga in a few minutes. Let's hope this doesn't adversely affect my downward facing dog pose....

No comments: