Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hump Day

"Hushed Existentialist" (MD)

Today I was feeling happy and pink. But I had to go and balance it out with some gray, of course:

Pink Silk Wrap Top, Express = $10
Pink Tank, Express = $5
Charcoal Gray Pants, New York & Company = $12
Black Strappy Butterfly Slides, Liz Claiborne = $15 (I don't remember where I got these - probably Macy's on super-sale)
Charcoal Gray Cable-knit Cardigan = Handmade by my Mama, can't beat that price!



For a Hump Day treat, we butted "in" for lunch - choosing to brown bag it and sit at the picnic tables outside since it was SO NICE OUT.... My lunch was my old cafeteria standby - Chicken Salad Sub, Baked Lay's Original Chips and one of my favorite things of all time, Fancy Tea.

I am willing to pay upwards of $5 for a fancy tea. Here is today's choice, Fuze Healthy Infusion Tea in the Tropical Oolong variety:


"Insatiable Corporate Raider" (NYC)
These client dinners, while enjoyable (depending on the client) can get quite exhausting and over indulgent.
I have this problem that if I am in a nice restaurant and someone is picking up the bill I can not refrain from eating absolutely everything that is available to me!
So, at Buddha Bar last night, conveniently located in the non-heel friendly cobblestoned blocks of the Meatpacking district (good thing I brought my flipflops that were $2 from Conway to walk from the subway) is dark and moody and almost too trendy and themed. While the people there overall are trying a lil too hard, the waiters are nice and friendly which was refreshing, the DJ was spinning some cool Bhangra flavored tunes, and the food was luckily delicious.
I had a sampling of the following (i am not so ghetto as to whip my camera out at this fine dining establishment and take pics so descriptions will have to do):

* Started with a nice cocktail
– Buddha Lemonade (Svedka with Fresh crushed lemons with hints of guava, peach, apple) – quite refreshing

* Then after the Edamame we moved to sushi:
- Red Hot Crunchy Roll (Yellowtail, Served with Rice Crackers and Sudashi Sauce) – this was FABULOUS
- Crackling Shrimp Roll (Rice Cracker Crusted and Cummin Aioli Sauce) – Crackling indeed this may have been my favorite
- Maine Lobster Roll (Blanched Maine Lobster, Tobiko and Thai Chili Sauce) – not bad very flavorful wrapped in cucumber
- Buddha Bar Roll (Soft Shell Crab, Peeky Toe Crab & Sweet Tamari Sauce) – this one was a lil too salty for my taste as much as I love that sauce and soft shell crab

* And the main course:
- Lobster 3 ways (Grilled tail, Tempura Claw, on a bed of edamame risotto) – for not liking risotto this was DELICIOUS

* And for dessert:
- Warm Fudge Cake
- Buddha Bar cookies
- Coconut Blueberry Tart (this was AMAZING)
- Trio of ice creams

I must say I was definitely full when I finally made it home last night.
So today was a struggle to get up…here is what I threw together, and good thing I did instead of opting for the usual jeans as I was thrown into an impromptu presentation in front of my whole dept.

Here's the rundown - i look a mess in the pic and there is some wierd glare.
Top: Lace bra-top cami = $something cheap - I believe my mommy got
Lace Riboon Tie cover up from Target =$14
Bottoms: Brown twirly ribbon belted skirt by Liz Clairborne = FREE as it was a sample from a friend that worked there
Shoes: Brown leather peep toe pumps from GUESS = $35 on sale at Filene’s buy one get 2nd ½ off
Beaded Bracelets from my mommy

For lunch I was still craving the sushi from last night so I went with an eel/avocado roll and a seaweed salad from our company cafeteria that brings in a sushi chef on Wednesdays.

Now i'm really craving chocolate and ice cream as I just got out of the most frustrating meeting! ciao

1 comment:

c-ker said...

I am loving this blog. I feel like I am annoying/ loner girl who follows you around and imitates you all - secretly wanting to be in your club...