Sunday, July 22, 2007

Long Weekend

"Hushed Existentialist" (MD)

Let's update this thing already!!

Well I do have some crappy no-flash self-timed pictures of me in my half-birthday celebration ensembles, but I haven't gotten around to uploading them yet so you'll just have to keep your britches on. And no, I don't know what that means either so don't ask me.

Here they are:



Brown Jersey Knit Dress from Conways in NYC: $20
Hot Turquoise Ipex Wireless: $25
Turquoise and Swarovski Crystal earrings: made specifically for me by my Godmother.

Considering that it is something that I literally threw on in 5 seconds, I was surprised by the insta-sexy that this outfit proffered. I wasn't expecting it, on a second date no less.... Anyway, I took myself to see Talk To Me featuring one of my mainstream favorite actors of all time Don Cheadle and one of my sleeper favorite actors of all time, Chiwetel Ejiofor. It is a DC story and I saw it in a real DC theater. What more could I want?

How about a turn-around date???? On Sunday I took myself to the matinee because the write-up alone made me want to see this movie, Broken English. I mean, how fitting, right? I kept it light and daytime pretty w/a super-cute babydoll dress that is way too short for my tastes, so I paired it with some shorts to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions:

Butterfly Babydoll by Xhilaration from Target: $12.58
Khaki Shorts from Guess: $14.99
Silver Flips from Conways in NYC: $1.99
Silver earrings from Urban Outfitters: $10 for 2 (I think)




Yes, I actually wore these ensembles in public. I know, I can't believe it either. I must be 27 & 1/2 or something.....

No comments: